Women Who Tech transformed the 2020 Women Startup Challenge at Google to ensure everyone's health and safety. In its place, we launched a brand-new Women Who Tech Startup Grants Program to continue funding game-changing, women-led tech startups virtually during this pandemic.
Startup funding is even more scarce right now: VC deals with startups founded exclusively by women dropped to just 4.3% in Q1 2020 VS 7.1% in Q1 2019, according to PitchBook.
How Does the Grants Program Work?
Equity-free grants will be awarded by Women Who Tech to women-led tech startups on a rolling basis through 2021. For each grant period:
- Women Who Tech will open a call for applicants based on different themes. Sign up here to be alerted for when our next grant cycle opens up.
- Our jury and grants committee will select five finalists to participate in our virtual pitch coaching and pitch series.
- A $10,000 Innovation Grant and a $3,000 Impact Grant will be awarded during each grant period.
- Startups may re-apply for grants as long as they meet the eligibility criteria and were not already awarded a grant from the Women Who Tech Startup Grants program.
The $10,000 Innovation Grant was awarded to LimeLoop.
The $3,000 Impact Grant was awarded to kweliTV.
The $10,000 Innovation Grant was awarded to Patientory.
The $3,000 Impact Grant was awarded to Caribu.
The subsequent Women Startup Grants Program will be focused on themes, including:
- Emerging Tech - Applications close February 18, 2021
- FemTech + HealthTech