Move over Shark Tank, here comes the 2016 Women Startup Challenge.
Join Women Who Tech at LinkedIn in San Francisco on June 14, 2016, for the National Women Startup Challenge Pitch Competition (in partnership with Craig Newmark, founder of craigslist and craigconnects).
Ten of the best women-led startups from across the US will showcase their innovative and disruptive ventures that are solving problems for people, businesses, and the planet to a panel of investors. Lisa Stone – Cofounder of BlogHer, Kathryn Finney – Founder of digitalundivided, Nisha Dua – Partner at BBG Ventures, and Karan Mehandru – General Partner at Trinity Ventures will help award $50,000 in cash, courtesy of Craig Newmark.
- Babyation has revolutionized the breast pump by making it quiet, comfortable, discreet, and controllable by smartphone. It offers customizable programs and an app for “smart” data logging.
- Blendoor is a blind recruiting app that hides candidate name and photo to circumvent unconscious bias and facilitate diversity.
- bluDiagnostics is one of the first apps to enable women to understand their body through revolutionary saliva-based measurement technology that gives women immediate, quantitative data about their hormone levels
- Cake is the mint.com for end-of-life planning. They provide experts to help create a comprehensive end-of-life plan that’s stored securely in the Cloud.
- ClearVest Advisers is a fintech alternative investment platform, providing access to established and emerging managers with lower investment minimums.
- Design Flux Technologies is revolutionizing the energy storage industry by creating and selling the world’s first Battery Operating System, “Cognicell” in clean energy applications.
- EmbraceFamily Health is a mobile-first digital maternal child health platform that empowers women with personalized information for maternity care and baby care.
- Entry Point VR provides cross-platform distribution and analytics for virtual reality content.
- Mohop digitally fabricates mass-customizable footwear on demand with robots.
- SIRUM (Supporting Initiatives to Redistribute Unused Medicine) is the “match.com” for unused, unexpired medicine, matching it with people in need.
Learn more about the 10 finalists >>
Startups have the chance to win $50K in cash, a $10K investment from Backstage Capital, and $360K in IBM cloud credits. The audience will vote for their favorite startup pitch in partnership with Audience Awards and IBM and the top three most voted pitches will receive $120k each in cloud credits from IBM. Visit the Audience Awards to vote for your favorite pitch from June 14-20.
Get Tickets to the Pitch Competition!
WHEN: Tuesday, June 14, 2016 from 5:30 PM to 9:00 PM PDT
- 5:30 PM – Doors Open
- 5:45 PM – Reception with catered hors d’oeuvres and mingling with startups, investors, and the tech community
- 6:30 PM – Pitch Competition Begins
WHERE: LinkedIn, 222 Second Street, San Francisco, CA 94105 – View Map
Note: There will be no refunds after June 1, 2016